Sen. Dino Melaye tenders public apology to Ex- president Jonathan


 Former Nigerian senator, Dino Melaye, who represented Kogi west senatorial district at the red chamber, has on Tuesday tendered a public apology to Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan at a book launch in Abuja over his role in the 2015 general election that resulted in the loss of the Presidency by the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

Speaking while making a goodwill message, The former senator said, “I Senator Dino Melaye, I want to  say openly here that after many things that have happened and events that have unfolded in recent times, I want to say openly here that once I was blind, now I can see.

“In 2017, I was arrested  eighteen times, there were more times in 2018 and between then and now, I have been taken to court for twelve different cases   and out of those cases, we have wen eleven of them.   “And that only one that borders on attempted suicide.

I wonder how someone like me who likes cars and love life so well would want to kill himself.   “President Goodluck Jonathan, I want to say that on behalf of all of us who shot blindly, we are sorry. “The one that I later wondered why you did was that phone call.

” I sometimes wondered that if you had not made that call, be would not be where we are today “But after I saw what is happening in America, where President Trump is saying I no go gree,  I can now see the reason for that call. “There are very few people like you. I pray for that anointing” Melaiye said.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.