Lagos Supervisor for Agriculture, resigns over bad administration

 


A Lagos State supervisor for Agriculture at Oto Awori LCDA has tendered his resignation letter to the chairman of the council, over an alleged maladministration and predominant corruption in the system. 

The letter reads as: 

*Prince Musibau Adekunle Ashafa*
Executive Chairman,
Oto-Awori Local Council Development Area,
Lagos State.

Dear Sir,

*Letter of Resignation as the Supervisor for Agricultural and Social Services.*

The above subject-matter refers. 

Kindly accept this letter as formal notification of my resignation from my position as the Honourable Supervisor for Agricultural and Social Services of Oto-Awori Local Council Development Area, Lagos State with effect from today, 4th September, 2020.

This became necessary as a result of the failure of this administration to bring the much desired dividends of democracy to our people as well as lack of transparency and accountability. This administration has failed to fulfill all the Electoral promises made during our campaign in 2017. This I know as the Chairman of the Campaign Committee for the 2017 Local Government Elections in our LCDA. We have not provided quality leadership and acceptable administration in the last 3 years.

My resignation became inevitable as a result of the above and many more, or how do we equitably give account of our stewardship in the face the prevalence social vices, and lack of infrastructures and social amenities proportionate with the accrued money to the LCDA so far.

Permit me to say that there are Specific and propelling issues begging for answers from this administration which includes but not limited to:

1. What happened to all accrued money running into billions both in revenue and allocations to the LCDA since the inception of this administration?

2. How do we justify the illegal spending of the LCDA money and awarding contracts without recourse to the budget? 

3. Failure to hold the Executives meetings for several months and many more.

Lastly and most important is the attempt by you to infringe on my inherent and fundamental human right as guaranteed under the law with respect to freedom of association. Your directive to me to either relinquish my membership of Ibile-Eko Forum or risk been sacked because according to you, you have the instruction of the Executive Governor of Lagos State, His Excellency, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwoolu to deal with all members of Ibile-Eko Forum in the LCDA. It will be most irresponsible and unprincipled of me to give in to such cheap blackmail and threat at the expense of my constitutionally guarantee right hence my decision to save you the stress and your fear of being removed as the Executive Chairman by the Governor of Lagos State.

I have complained and raised one on one with you all these perceived wrongs and maladministration, rather than redressing the wrongs, all I get is your threat to sack me and my eventual suspension by you on the 3rd September, 2020 on frivolous allegations without any query issued to.

Therefore, I hereby tender my resignation letter to enable me keep faith with my principle of fighting for good governance in our Dear LCDA and State as well enjoy my freedom to belong to any association of my choice.

I wish to state that it is a rare privilege and opportunity for me to have served my LCDA in such an exalted position. I thank you for the wonderful opportunity accorded to me.

Accept my utmost regards.

Your

*Mr. Bode Makinde*




No comments

Powered by Blogger.